Time For Fun Halloween Set


Happy Monday everyone.  Today's Bitten by the Bug 2 project was selected by our Design Team leader, Heather.  Heather choose the "Time 4 Fun" cut from Cricut's Cutting Up cartridge.  I do not own the Cutting Up cartridge so I chose to create my own welded phrase using Happy Hauntings


I used four cartridges to create this project:  Happy Hauntings, Forever Young, Art Philosophy, and George & Basic Shapes.   Using the Happy Haunting alphabet I welded the characters to create the "Time 4 Fun" phrase that the design team is using this week.  I created a two layer tag using the Art Philosophy card and affixed the two layer word phrase to the tag.  I added black ribbons and tied them with variegated orange twine.

The base box was created using Forever Young.  I placed two identical sheets of 12 x 12 inch cardstock placed side by side on the 12 x 24 inch cutting mat.  After completing the cut I adhered the two halves of the box together with ATG tape.   I had to do this because I did not have any 12 x 24 inch Halloween cardstock.  I scored along the score lines and creased the folds, but left the box open so that I could add the decorative cuts to a flat surface.


Using George and Basic Shapes I welded circles and ovals together to create the orange and silver inlaid matting on the side of the purse.  The edges were inked with black ink before adhesive was added and the mat was affixed the box/purse side. 


 Continuing to use the Happy Haunting cartridge, I cut Dracula at four inches tall and the lady "monster" at 3.6 inches tall.  I created hand cut cocktails for each of the creatures - Dracula is sipping a bag of blood while his date has a deep red cocktail. 



Above and below are close ups of my Halloween dating creatures!



For the purse handle I cut the layered BOO! cut from Happy Hauntings.  I adhered the cut to top of the purse handle.  I also cute several spiderwebs.  I used the same damask print that I used on Dracula's cape and his date's dress to cut the spiderwebs.  I like the effect of the two color print on the spiderwebs.



I forgot to mention that most of designer paper used on this project (and used as a background for the photographs) is the new Halloween line by SEI.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back with a few additional projects this week.  Midweek I will share photos of the two banners I made for Provo Craft's E2 Banner Contest.  In the meantime, if you have not already done so, please go by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out the other designers' takes on the "Time 4 Fun" cuts.  Also, consider making your own Time 4 Fun project and playing along with us this week.