Libby's Wedding and Card


Last Saturday we celebrated my friend Beth's daughter's wedding.  Libby and her beau Alton were married here in downtown Aiken with a lovely reception afterwards at the Aiken Art Center.  I have previously shared how my scrapbook girlfriends and I helped Beth create tags for the favors and the hospitality bags, as well as a few other details.  It was nice to see the finished results of our efforts.

Libby's wedding colors were navy blue and light blue with a touch of red.  I used the same color scheme to create a card for she and Alton.

I started with a basic white card.  Using Spellbinder's Nestabilities I cut label number 18 for the front of the card.  I also used my favorite edge nesties, including using leftover cuts to create the corners. 

I embossed a piece of white cardstock and matted it on navy cardstock for the front of the card.  I then added the edging and the label.  


I used a stamp set from Michael's to create the word art stamp on the front of the label.  I applied the stamps to a acrylic block, filling in the negative area with the tiny bride and groom.


The roses, the touch of red from Libby's colors, were created using the 3D roses on the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I edged the roses with accent leaves and some stickles highlights.

The inside of the card was stamped with a generic Congratulations stamp. 

After I took these photos (yes, really, after....) I went back and added light blue Copic to the edge of groom stamp and to the edges of the white label. 


This is my friend Beth and her Mom, Ms. Sally, looking lovely at the reception.


Diana (MFK's daugher), Peggy, MFK - My Friend Kathy, and Toby at the reception.



Doug and I having a quick snuggle at the reception.


And dancing to a sweet love song.....


And me, having a lovely evening with my friends celebrating the marriage of a wonderful couple.



Congratulations Libby and Alton!!!