Christmas Card Prototype with Scraps



My husband and I are "old school" in many ways. For all of our techno gadgets and computer sauvé, we still send out a lot of Christmas cards - using real mail - the post office - stamps and everything. In recent years I have cut the list down to about 70-75 cards. With that number in mind, and knowing that I like to make my cards myself, I have been looking for a simple Christmas card design that I can mass produce for the bulk of our Christmas card list

I recently ran across a die by Sizzix - Bigz XL Die : ALBUM, CHRISTMAS TREE BY RACHAEL BRIGHT. I found this die on a GREAT sale at Oh My Crafts. The normal price on this die is $34.95 but I found it on sale $8.00!! Seriously, $8.00!!  As I added the links to this post I found that the price of the die is now 3.5 times what I paid for it.  Guess I should have shared my find sooner!

This die actually cuts the pieces for an album, but I found that by not cutting any "pages" and just going with the front and back pieces I could use this as a Christmas card. I cut this sample card using scraps only and I would change the colors/prints in my final cards. With that said, tell me what you think of this as a Christmas card!! I could add a small nestability cut stamped with a "Merry Christmas" sentiment to the lower right edge of the tree. But overall, I am looking for feedback on what you think of this design.  I appreaciate any feedback.  Thanks